Pro Tan® Original Comp Color 8.5oz
Step 3: Pro Tan® Original Overnight Competition Color
This version comes in an 8.5oz bottle.
The Ultimate Competition Tanning formula allows you to achieve a deep dark, long lasting tan after just one easy application. Best of all...your tan won't run or streak and fades just like a natural tan after 5-7days. This unique formula will not interfere with natural or sun bed tanning and does not contain a sun screen. This product has been trusted by athletes and competitors all over the world for nearly 25 years.
Apply to clean skin. Spray directly onto applicator, brush over desired body areas with lighter strokes around knees, elbows, ankles and hairline. You'll get an instant tan, which serves as a guide for even application and will darken considerably in 3-5 hours. Allow 30 minutes to dry before direct contact with clothes or water. Re-apply for deeper tan. In the morning, shower off the excess color, allowing the natural tan to show.
Note: If you have never used Pro Tan® Competition Color before we recommend to begin application of this product two to three days prior to your event to make sure you achieve the amazing color that judges love. Also try to avoid using deodorant products for a few days prior to your application of Pro Tan®.
Prior to Tanning
Wax 2 days before or shave the night before; Wax residue will block tanner absorption.
- Take a shower and exfoliate properly using a body brush or quality scrub. We suggest Pro Tan® Get Buffed Pre-Tan Skin Balancing Exfoliator, removing any dead cells and body oils will help the sunless tanner penetrate your skin and give you the best result.
- Do not use deodorant (it will turn green!!), makeup, perfume or moisturizers prior to the tanning. Lotions can act as a barrier & prevent the solution from contacting your skin and alter the coloring of the tanning solution.
- We recommend applying no more then three coats without rinsing
Immediately After Tanning
- Drying time will be about 2 minutes but care should be taken for the first 30 minutes.
- Do not sleep on a towel. The terry cloth absorbs DHA and you will wake up without a tan
- Do not swim or immerse in water for 4 hours (see note below).
- Do not apply moisturizer right away.
- Tan will darken within 3-5 hours.
- Do not put on tight clothing for least 4 hours.
- Perspiring immediately after tanning alters the chemical reaction of the solution changing its color.
Maintain and Prolong Your Tan
- Wait at least 6 hours before showering. Recommend next day. * Do not take long hot baths or showers. May rinse with warm water between coats- waiting at least 6 hours and using soap only on the warm areas (elbows, knees, hands, ankles). You may see color washing off the first time you shower, this is normal.
- To avoid getting spotty, apply moisturizer after the shower and every day after tanning, this will help prolong your tan and keep your skin fading evenly.
- Do not scrub in the shower.
- Chlorine from a pool or Jacuzzi can cause your tan to fade faster.